What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser (such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is a cookie NOT?
It is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam or spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored is technical, such as personal preferences, content customisation, etc.
The web server does not associate it with you as a person, but rather with your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox, you will see that the website does not realise that you are the same person, because it is actually associating the information with the browser, not with the person.
What types of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: these are the most basic, and make it possible, among other things, to verify whether a human or an automated application is browsing, or whether an anonymous user or a registered user is browsing, basic tasks for running any dynamic website.
- Analytical cookies: these collect information about the type of browsing being performed, the sections that are most used, products consulted, time zone, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: these display advertising based on your browsing, country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the website that you are visiting, while third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses first-party and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website:
List of cookies:
Login: Cookies to log in allow you to enter and exit your ORIVA account.
Customisation: Cookies helps us to remember the people or websites you have interacted with, so that we can show you related content.
Preferences: Cookies help us to remember your settings and preferences, such as the language your prefer and your privacy settings.
This website uses analytical services, specifically Google Analytics, to help it analyse the use of the website by users and to enhance its usability, but in no case are these services associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics is a website analysis service provided by Google. The user can check the type of cookies used by Google here.
Social media cookies can be stored on your browser while browsing at oriva.es; for example, when you use a button to share oriva.es content on a social network.
Below is information about the cookies of the social networks that this website uses, in their specific cookie policies:
- Facebook Cookies: see more information in their cookies policy
- Twitter Cookies: see more information in their cookies policy
- YouTube Cookies: see more information in their cookies policy.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, they can. And not only can you delete them, you can also block them in general or for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, go to your browser’s settings, find those associated with the domain in question, and delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you would like to have more control over the installation of cookies, you may install “Do Not Track” programs or add-ons to your browser, which will allow you to choose the cookies you wish to enable.